Wild Rose Age Defying Day Cream
Write a review
- 59g Water
- 20g Rose Hydrosol
- 3g Glycerine
- 4g eWax
- 2g Cetyl Alcohol
- 6g Rosehip Oil
- 4g Macadamia Oil
Cool Down Phase
- 0.5g Vitamin e
- 0.5g Preservative
- 1g Essential oil: Geranium 8 drops, Frankincense 8 drops, Orange 4 drops
- Weigh out your water, hydrosol and glycerine into a heatproof jug. Tare the scales and weigh the jug and contents noting the weight. You will lose some water to evaporation while heating and will need to re-weigh once heated, and top up with water.
- Place the jug holding the water, hydrosol and glycerine into a bain marie to heat.
- Weigh out your oils, emulsifier and cetyl alcohol into a heatproof jug and place into a separate bain marie to heat.
- When both your water and oil phase have reached 70˚C, weigh out your water (you will need a total of 82g - this is the 59g water, 20g hydrosol & 3g glycerine).
- Add the oils to the water and mix.
- The mixture will start to turn white (this means your lotion is beginning to emulsify). Mix with a stick blender for a few minutes. Continue to mix in 2 minute bursts until the lotion has cooled to 45˚C.
- Once the lotion has cooled to 45˚C add your preservative and essential oils. Mix well with your stick blender and leave to cool.
- Once the lotion has reached room temperature you can put into bottles, preferably airless or lotion pump bottles to reduce the risk of contamination.
Creo Skincare http://creoskincare.com/